Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Stars Speak

   That night my dreams were in a mist. There was an old lady sitting on a chair, her weary hands rested on the arms of that chair. I seemed to be watching from beside her.
   Suddenly a man could be heard being loud. I could hear him saying she lied, that the monster was dead and she had lied. She must explain how that was so.
   “Must I?” she replied, obviously weary of his demands.
   Something glinted in his eyes as he replied: “You must.”
   She sadly looked at me and said: “There was a child, she put the dragon to sleep again.”
  “You told me that by killing that herd of centaurs, no one could put that monster away, that she would reek havoc on all things again.”
   “The child was with the herd but your men thought her dead so they did not kill her. Had all who had been in that clearing that day been killed, your dragon would have created the chaos you so seek.”
   “They left one alive? Where is this ‘child’?”
   “I do not know.”
   “You are lying.”
   “I would not dare lie to you. You made me hide the knowledge of the stars that see all. I no longer know everything, even my friend is not that powerful. If you wish to know all, you must let me unblock the stars.”
   “No, you wouldn’t lie, would you? You know what will happen if you do. No, I will create my chaos another way. A dragon is easiest, but there are other ways. I must see my men.”
   The sorceress looked so old and weary as she stared into the mist I saw through. If only I could help her…
   I awoke with a start as the dream left me. I had no clue how, but I knew that dream was no dream. The stars had been hidden by a powerful sorceress compelled by a man somehow to also awaken Agalia to create havoc. It seemed as though he had other plans as well. He wished to create havoc, but why? My head spun in circles as I thought on that but my idea of how a human thinks was limited so I fell asleep, my head still buzzing.

No comments:

Post a Comment